Blenders are very important cooking tools and are found in mostly all average kitchens. Contrary to the common belief, they are not just used for smoothies and milkshakes. You will be surprised to know they are also used for making soups and sauces. Most children do not enjoy eating vegetables. If you are facing the same troubles with your family and want to increase their vegetable consumption so that all the nutrients from the healthy, fresh vegetables can be transported to your children’s body, you have come to the right place! Serve them with deliciously cooked homemade soups made with fresh vegetables and your blender. Your kids will not be able to resist.
Soups are a heavenly treat in the cold winter evenings. A sip of hot soup spreads a comforting warmth quickly throughout your body making you forget the cold breezes outside. Your family can enjoy a hot cup of soup by the fireplace after a long tiring day.
As the first step, you will need to choose a good blender, one that is up to the task. If you want to buy a blender for your kitchen, read best blender reviews to make the best selection. You can use a countertop blender but be careful as not all countertop blenders are designed to withstand hot ingredients. Also, the transfer of ingredients to and from the blender jar will require the cleaning of multiple utensils. A better option therefore is an immersion blender (also called a hand blender). Using an immersion blender to make soup, you can blend your hot ingredients right in the pan. No extensive cleaning is required as with the countertop blenders. You just have to clean the shaft of the immersion blender. Check Out Immersion Blender Reviews to find the best immersion blender for your kitchen.
Follow these steps to make homemade vegetable soup:
- 1 cup vegetables
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup milk or yogurt
- Wash the vegetables and cut them into smaller pieces. You can use just about any vegetable to make soup. Carrots and tomatoes, however, are the most popular.
- Next, put all the ingredients in a large pot, turn on the flame and let it cook till the vegetables are soft.
- Immerse your hand blender into the pot and blend all ingredients until you get a smooth texture. If you do not have an immersion blender, you can transfer the ingredients to the jar of your countertop blender. Pulse it for a couple of seconds or until the mixture is smooth. If your countertop blender cannot handle hot ingredients wait for them to cool down before blending them. After the blending task is done, you can transfer them back to the pot and reheat the mixture.
- You can add salt and pepper to taste.
- Your soup is ready to be served. You can serve it with bread or crackers. If you want your soup to be a full meal, you can also serve it with rice.
- This recipe makes enough soup for 4 servings.
This method for making soup is so fast and easy that once you have tried it, you will be making it every other day.